The Gridmesh Anchor can be installed in a matter of minutes by a single person, but more quickly by two people to set an anchor. The following steps need simply be followed:
- Using the storage bag, carry the gridmesh anchor to the desired location. Ideally there will be a user at the top of the structure to set the anchorage on the mesh and a user below the mesh to arrange connection to the equipment from below.
- Open the storage bag and lay the GMA base onto the gridmesh walkway area. Be sure to align the load points of the GMA onto a location immediately above the structural members supporting the walkway. This may require placing the base diagonally to the direction of the mesh slots.
- On structures where there is high wind, ocean swell or moving equipment, it may be appropriate to secure the GMA to the structure with rope, tool lanyards or other appropriate fastening to prevent it from moving.
- Open the GMA lid and remove the tag-line rope, sling and support beam. Connect the end of the sling to the tag line.
- Align the GMA such that the location slot for the GMA sits no more than 150mm from the supporting structure below the gridmesh.
- Lower the rope tag line ‘sling first’ through the GMA base and the slot in the gridmesh. It may be necessary to squeeze the eye of the sling so that it fits through the mesh.
- Once lowered, the worker below should connect a self retracting lifeline, rope or other device to be used for fall protection. They should also ensure a tag line is connected to the SRL to ensure the device is accessible once set in place.
- Raise the sling with SRL attached by hauling the connected tag line in reverse through the gridmesh, such that the end of the sling protrudes through the gridmesh and the base of the GMA.
- Slide the GMA beam end through the sling and slide into position, such that the beam can rest into its operating position within the GMA base. The SRL is now set for use.
- Once the installation is completed, the worker below the GMA will pull the tag line attached to the SRL and attach the connector to the harness.
The worker is now ready to commence work.
- Disassemble by following the steps listed above in reverse.
- If the GMA is to be used for lifting, substitute the SRL (inertia reel) for a chain block and remove step 10.
The Gridmesh Anchor can be used by up to two people as a fall arrest anchor device. Third-party testing confirms the product provides the strength rating of 22.2kN (5000lbs) in accordance with the testing requirements for AS/NZS 5532. The device also meets the prescribed strength requirements as a fall arrest anchor in AS/NZS 1891.4 as a single person or two person fall arrest device. Access to testing information can be accessed from the website.
RATED ANCHOR FOR LIFTING
The Gridmesh Anchor can also be used for materials handling/lifting loads up to 1.2 tonne. See the user manual for more info.